How To Talk To Your Kids About Race
We are all trying the best we can to support the growth, health, and understanding of our kids. Today, as we get information at warp speed and events are televised from all parts of the globe, we are exposed to things that we might not have had an understanding of 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago.
To support you in developing an honest and robust dialogue with your child(ren) about race and equity, we have created this TWO HOUR HOME STUDY for you. It is full of film clips, activities and resources that we hope will help you learn new information, examine your own biases, practice ways of talking about race, develop a family toolkit and find resources to help you keep learning.
- Develop a framework and language about race
- Practice thinking and speaking about race
- Identify resources to support inquiry and dialogue about race
- Provide support for children to identify racialized systems
- Identify strategies for interrupting white supremacy
- Learn to embrace that may contradictory things may be true at once
The curriculum is $35 and comes as a pdf download. If $35 is prohibitive for your family, please don’t hesitate to email us. We are committed to supporting all families.
As parents, we have an amazing opportunity to help create a more equitable and inclusive world for future generations.
Thank you for all you do as we work together towards a world that works for everyone.Read Less
Who Should Use These Materials
This curriculum is developed particularly for parents and care-takers.
World Trust is developing curricula for teachers. Please subscribe to our mailing list for curricula updates.